Bus Rules and Regulations
Boarding the Bus
- If other students are waiting at the bus stop, get in line without pushing or crowding and stay off the roadway.
- Never go under the school bus.
- Line up in a single file parallel to the roadway, with younger students in front so they can board first.
- Board the bus quickly but without crowding or pushing.
- Never run on the bus.
- Go directly to your seat and sit straight, well to the back of the seat, and face the front of the bus.
Conduct on the Bus
- Remain seated throughout the trip, and leave your seat only when the bus has reached its destination and has come to a complete stop.
- Keep your books and other items on your lap or put them under the seat.
- Keep the aisle clear.
- Do not talk to the driver except in case of emergency.
- Avoid doing anything that might disturb or interfere with the driver.
- Never stick hands, arms, head, or feet out of the window of the bus.
- Do not open windows without the driver’s permission.
- Do not throw anything within the bus or out of a window.
- Do not touch the emergency door or exit controls or any of the bus safety equipment.
- Do not eat on the bus.
- Obey promptly the directions and instructions of the school bus driver.
- Tobacco, alcoholic beverages, or any other illegal substances shall not be carried in a school bus.
- Insects, reptiles, or other animals shall not be transported in a school bus.
- No weapon, explosive device, harmful drug, or chemical shall be transported in a school bus.
Exit from Bus
- Remain seated until the bus has reached its destination and comes to a complete stop.
- Do not push or crowd when leaving the bus.
- If you must cross the road, walk to a point about ten (10) feet in front of the bus but do not cross until The driver has indicated that it is safe to do so.
- Walk across the road do not run.
- Never cross the road behind the school bus.