STUDENT DRESS CODE
The Governing Board has determined that the educational mission of the District will be enhanced if students dress and groom themselves appropriately to maintain an environment conducive to learning. Students will be expected to be dressed and groomed in a neat, attractive fashion, reflecting pride in themselves and their school. Uniform dress shall be required and it will be the family’s responsibility to ensure compliance with the dress code.
K-8th Please note: All shirts and blouses must be tucked in and appropriately fastened. Denim jeans, sweat pants, leggings and nylon windbreaker style pants, nor jogging style/jogger pants are not acceptable for students to wear to school. Earrings on boys are not allowed. Earrings on girls should be no larger than a quarter and dangling earring no longer than one inch. Any other piercings are not allowed. Administrators may ask that it be removed for safety reasons, at their discretion. Shoes should fit properly. Open toed shoes, sandals, flip-flops are not permitted.
K-6th Plain white or plain grey shirts or blouses with collars and sleeves are to be worn. Only white or grey undershirts may be worn under the white collared uniform shirt.
Kindergarten students wear a light blue collared shirt with sleeves so they stand out and can be supervised appropriately.
If a sweater or jacket is needed due to weather conditions, only a plain navy blue or white sweater may be worn inside the school building. The sweater may be either a pullover or button-type and the shirt collar must be exposed.
- Boys shall wear navy blue slacks or shorts.
- Girls shall wear navy blue slacks, shorts, skirt, or dress (jumper).
All students shall comply with the following dress standards:
- Dress and grooming shall neither present a risk to the health, safety, or general welfare of students or others in the school nor interfere with or disrupt the educational environment or process.
- Dress and grooming shall not be contrary to curriculum goals and /or educational objectives, in a manner such as advertising, promoting, or picturing alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drugs, sexual, gang related, or violent behavior.
- In cold weather, students are permitted to wear jackets to school; however, they must be removed while inside the building.
- Tights/leggings must be plain navy blue or white.
- Nail length must not present a risk to health, safety, or general welfare of students or others in the school nor interfere with or disrupt the educational environment or process.
- Clothing and jewelry shall not display lewd, vulgar, obscene, or plainly offensive language or symbols.
- Clothing may not have any logos other than the approved school logo patch or the name of the school embroidered on the shirt.
- Hats, caps, and sunglasses are not to be worn in the buildings. Bandanas are not permitted.
- Clothing shall not expose the chest, abdomen, genital area, or buttocks and shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. Clothing such as see-through or fishnet fabrics, low-cut tops, bare midriffs, and tight-fitting or excessively short shorts or skirts are prohibited.
- Properly fitted clothing is to be worn. Oversized clothing, extremely baggy or tight clothing, or improperly fitted clothing is not allowed. Pants and shorts must be worn on the waist. "Sagging" is prohibited.
- Dyed colored hair will not be permitted. Examples of hair color not acceptable are: blue, green, red, white, and purple, or any non-natural color.
Special Occasions/Spirit Week:
- School administration/Student Council may approve special apparel days for students, it is the student’s responsibility to comply with rules/expectations for each day approved.